Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
Kent

AC Center-Mounted Cultivator ???

Kent
Kent, I just found this site today and afer having spent hours of looking around I had to join. The midmount cultivator shown is listed by Simplicity as Mfr. No. 398. I brought a rear mounted cultivator at an equipment sale last spring [along with a front counterweight mfg. no.668] I have obtained a parts list from Simplicity which shows the mid mount and the rear mount as using the same part number, leading me to believe that perhaps they were sold as a package.

Kent
Hello Kent, As a new member, I am unsure if my Email address was attached to my last reply since it was logged in as "Guest". However, if you would like a copy of the Simplicity Cultivator parts list, I will be happy to fax this to you, if you will provide your fax number. My Email address is Metal Molder@aol.com BenB

Kent
I recently posted a set of pictures of Bill Sickel's "like-new" chipper-shredder that fits a Simplicity or AC. Along with those photos, he sent a picture of what appears to be an AC center-mounted cultivator. Has anyone else seen/heard of such an animal? I don't have ANY info that mentions one, that I'm aware of anyway. I think DLC may have mentioned one once, but this is the first time I've seen one. Does anyone know more about these? Kent[A href='http://www.simpletractors.com/gallery/rare_chipper.htm']http://www.simpletractors.com/gallery/rare_chipper.htm[/a]

Kent
I'll dig deeper in the stack of parts info that I have and see if it is mentioned. It isn't mentioned in the sales info... I may ask you to fax it to me. BTW, the "bug" you encountered is simply the server "signing you off" if you haven't requested a new page in 20 minutes. I'm trying to figure out how to do a workaround using "cookies" but I'm not a programmer, so progress has been VERY slow. Welcome to the gang! Hope you enjoy it, many of us do! Kent

dlcentral
Now that's a REALLY nice looking machine that Bill has! Also a good idea on how to fix the common valve seat 'drop-out'problem as most were relegated to the scrap heap because of that! Yes, my 'mentor'[older!] AC farm AND garden trac. collector friend has the center cultivator attach. along with the brush cutter on a 2010V he won't sell to me[yet!] dlc

Kent
BenB, I sure would like to have a chipper/shredder like yours (not to mention the low price). Would you be kind enough to either post or e-mail me some information on it. Brand, model numbers, etc. would be nice. Does anyone know if new chipper/shredders are available for the new Sovereigns? Thanks, Roy L. Pope e-mail: rlpope@usit.nwt

tej
I rememeber that years ago Mighty Mac and some other manufactures sold their chipper/shreaders as just the head with no motor or frame. I had at that time considered getting one and adapting it to the B-12. I don't know if they are still sold that way. Tim