Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
Kent

A-C Factory Tool Box -- Ever seen one?

Kent
Have you ever seen a factory (original, dealer-installed) tool box for an A-C garden tractor? I'm working on adding a 1969 A-C price list to the site (boy, is this time-consuming & complex HTML tables -- yuck!). Any way, it lists two optional tool boxes, in the same section as hub caps, lights, etc. For B-110 and B-112, Product # 2029917, 4 lbs, $9.00 For B-10 and B-12, Product # 2025065, 4 lbs, $9.00 I've thought several times about trying to mount a box to the back of my seat. It seems I frequently need a screwdriver, pliers or something when I'm at the farthest possible distance from the barn and the big toolbox... What did these original ones look like? How big? What color? Where did they mount? How common are they? I've never even seen a picture of one....

Guest Jef
Kent, I saw one on a B-10 it was if I can remember 4"x4"x the length of the rear seat because it was bolted to back of the seat with a hinge across the full length and it also had a AC decal on it. I tried to buy the tractor but the owner still wasn't quite ready to let it go. Jeff

tej
I have considered mounting a small toolbox on top of the rear fender on the B-112. The B-112 rear fenders are flat on top. On the B-12 it would have to mount to the back of the seat. Does anyone know where the radio mounted. Did it bolt to the top of the hood?

Mikedinma
At some point in the past, a previous owner installed a homemade tool bin on the back of fenders behind the seat on my B112. Roughly speaking, the inside box dimenions are 6 inches wide by 2 feet long. Its contructed of 1X PT lumber. Looks okay and holds misc tools, tire chains, hitch options, etc... Mike