Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
haeffnkr

Allis 620 ??

haeffnkr
I am looking into purschasing a 620, it supposedly has transmission problems or hydro problems ? Are these models known for these problems ? how hard or they to work on ? I am not familiar with these tractors, this is the first one I have ever seen, but I am familiar with WH and JD, this 620. looks to be BUILT and a good tractor (after some fixing) what is the over all opionion of this model ? It looks like it has rear PTO also ? thanks Kevin haeffnkr@agedwards.com

KraigTM
I've never heard that the AC620 had a history of transmission problems. It's weak points are the steering gear box and the charging system on the Onan CCKB engine. The steering, especially if it has a loader can be a bit loose. The CCKB is very expensive to repair and if I recall correctly some parts are NLA, such as the flywheel. Hopefully some of the other AC616, AC620, AC720, Simplicity 4040, 4041 and 9020 owners will jump in here. The 616 has a 16hp Onan and the 620 and 720 have 19.5hp Onans. The Simplicity versions have slightly different fender and hoods and perhaps a few other small details but they are basically the same tractor so if you look back through the forum archives you can look for any of the models I listed for info. Check the Gallery for photos and there is a bunch of info on the SimpletrACtors page. Best wishes.