Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

B-112

JordB110

If I am not mistaken the only thing you can get for the older tiller is the 3" cast pulley and Jack's had it listed for $32.00 I think and the 5" pulley is a steel one or at least mine is. Jeff

Jeff, I'll bet if you ordered it, that a steel one gets substituted for the 3" cast iron one -- or you get the "No Longer Available".... Tennies Hdwe had to call the factory and they scrounged a cast iron one up for me last winter (year ago) when I was going through this with my B-210, mounting a Big Ten tiller on it... Kent

for the cage nuts most body shop supply places have them in stock and you can buy 1 or 100 i just bought 3 for mine the other day they were only like 1.25 for 3

I think the nuts you are looking for are considered a specialty nut called a cage nut. MSC Industrial Supply sells 1/4 20 and 5/16 18 cage nuts. The only thing is they sell them by the hundred. I don't know if they are available from Simplicity. The ones MSC sell are on page 1381 and they cost $23.48 for 1/4 20 (100) and 42.23 for 5/16 18 (100). I know what do you do with a hundred ? There tel. number is 1-800-645-7270. I hope this helps you.[A href='www.mscdirect.com']www.mscdirect.com[/a]

I was out working on my B-112 this morning and there are a few things I need. Are those special square nuts that fit in a bracket to hold the hood on still available? I went to Ace hardware a the guy didn't have anything like it. I also need to know the diameter of the tiller pulley that goes on the bevel gear box. I was thinking about adding a set of aftermarket headlights and was wondering, should I get halogen or will incandescent provide enough light? Thanks, JordB-110

I called these people and they told me that you could ordera minimum qty. of 25 for $5.87 of the 1/4-20 part number 67741488 and a minimum qty. of 50 5/16-18 for $22.61 part no. 67741520.

Ok now about the lights I have bought the 3"dia rubber round lights with the brakets already on them. I think they refer to them as utility lights "not sure". I did have a bulb burn out so I went to replace it and I couldn't figure out why so much $$$ untill I installed it. It turns out to be a halogen bulb instead of the original incandescent bult and what a big difference in how white it is when on and it puts out about 1/3 more light. Hope this helps in the light department, >>->happyjack<-<<

The correct pulley for your bevel gear box to drive the tiller is a 3" one, if you're using either of the older style rear PTOs/tillers shown in the Parts section. Newer style tillers and drives used a 5" pulley, I understand. These 3" pulleys were cast iron and are no longer available from Simplicity. I don't think the 5" cast iron ones are either. Ag tractor or farm supply stores usually have the two pieces (hub and pulley) separately that can be welded together to create whatever size you'd like. I've linked to pictures of the "old-style" that I'm talking about....[A href='http://www.simpletractors.com/operation/tiller1/page_2.htm']http://www.simpletractors.com/operation/tiller1/page_2.htm[/a]

We stock the nuts, they come in two ear widths for inserting into different thickness of metal. Bill