Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Hold on to your oldies...

Kent

BTW, thought I'd put this in perspective: Wally Koerbel just loaned me a 1959 Simplicity catalog (yes, I'll be adding it soon) where someone had written in the following prices: Model 700 -- $550 Model 700 w/electric start -- $625 42" Rotary Mower Deck -- $125 32" Rotary Mower Deck -- $90 36" Rotary Snow Thrower -- $148 42" Snow Plow and Grader Blade -- $35 Not a bad return on investment -- spend about $850, then use it for 40 years, then get about 3 times ($2200) what you paid for it. Hmmm.....

Shoot - that would make my '58 W/B 575 worth what? Ten or 15 hundred? Just goes to show that there's one born every minute. Or at least some people think there is!

At this rate I stand to make money. I have a Simplicity 700 with dozer blade, 42 mower, and sickle bar mower that have been given to me. All I have to do is pick it up. That, combined with my A-C B-1 will put me in the chips (cow chips most likely). ;o) Roy

Saw this posted on Yesterday's Tractors classified ads... For Sale: 1959 SIMPLICITY MODEL 700 GARDEN TRACTOR WITH 42IN MOWER, SPRING TOOTH HARROW PROFECIONALY RESTORED BY SIMP. DEALER. Condition: PERFECT CONDITION Price: 2200. Phone: 616-672-2394

That's nice to know,,,Our 700 is worth $2500 then because we have that hard to find 'rear hoist':) for it as well as the mower and tractor!Better investment than buying 200 shrs. of AG [AGCO] which BTW is going to go up soon! dlc

Sounds like rlpope has the 'winning hand' so far!If we put all these fine mowchines on ebay,we might get maybe 10 Grand for all of them,then we could buy a new Sov.from JN?? [of course!]and rotate posession of it every few wks.!Sounds like a plan to me!...NAH! dlc

If he paid shop labor rates for a professional restoration, he is probably not making much on the deal. He could have sold it as-is for a few hundred, and been further ahead.