Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

is it worth it?

I'm presently doing what was my grandfathers Simplicity 700 from the ground up. It has been one of the most enjoyable things I've ever worked on. You'll mean the nicest people while working on it. I've met some of the nicest people since I joined this club. Don't think about the money. I'll have enough in this tractor to buy a nice car but I'll take this old tractor Any day.

I would say that it is worth doing a complete rebuild on your 725 Simplicity because it could be a rear tractor. I rebuit a 1966 Simplicity Broadmoor 707 and I love it, another tractor. I wouldn't have it any other way but a Simplicity. I am now on the process of rebuilding a 1972 Yeoman 637 tractor, I have to rebuiltd the engine.

Satisfaction, enjoyment, and fun are what its all about. There is nothing quite like rolling that freshley painted, what used to be junk, tractor out of the shed, starting it up, and hearing it run for the first time. A moment to be truly savored. But, if you must keep track of the funds going into it, I can tell you that a 725 in fairly good condition is worth a bare minimum of $300 in parts alone, and thats not counting the engine. Selling the whole thing however is another matter because you have to find someone who wants the whole thing. On collectability the only thing I can offer for sure is that the AC B-1 is 10 times more collectable than the 725 -as is everything with the yellow paint. If you can get the restoration done with a cash investment of under $500 I'd say you are doing fine investment wise. Anything more is probably purely for the enjoyment of it. Have fun with it, Sam

Landlord, I wish I had your dilema! I'd love to have an old Sim to rebuild! Out here in Washington State, you can't hardly find an old Sim! The Tractor racers have bought them all up, junked the implements and put them on the race courses! What a waste of fine equipment! Dick

i have a 725 simplicity and i am completely redoing it, but if i need a lot of parts for it my question is, is it worth putting a lot of money into it?

Depends on what you are planning on doing with it.I have 2 model 700 and would be glad to get a 725 and also a wonderboy tiller steer. I do not look at what it is worth but what fun I have driving it around at the tractor shows. I do plan on using 1 of them for tilling the garden this year and still use a 3212 for cutting my 1 acre of lawn and cutting the weeds with the sickle mower works great.So just think about it when the kids (if you have any }are riding it what a nice toy it is and how long it will last.Keep it and have fun with it.Bob

Worth to me is the enjoyment I have doing the project and not the final cost. But if you are looking for an investment than money does matter.

i am not really sure wether or not i am in it for an investment or not. i do get the enjoyment out of it though.