Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Johnny Bucket Prototype -- Anyone Volunteer?

Kent

I've been talking to the guy who makes these front-end dump scoops for Bolens tractors. He'd like to make Johnny Bucket Juniors (pictured below) to fit Simplicity and AC tractors, starting with the Sovereigns and the 7000 series... He's willing to give someone in the Wisconsin area a 25% discount on one, if they will loan him their Sovereign/7000 series and a front snow or dozer blade (including front mount) for a couple weeks so he can design, prototype and test the front mounting brackets.... That means you could buy one of these at AROUND $300 (25% off the normal price ... Final price yet to be set but should be comparable to the Bolens). If you are interested, let me know.... I know I'd like to have one of these for my old AC's since both of them have hydraulic lift. Sure would be a LOT cheaper than a real front loader.... I'm hoping we can find someone in Wisconsin to help make this happen. He's located in Greenfield...[A href='http://www.johnnybucket.com/'][img src='http://www.johnnybucket.com/images/JBJr%20Picts/FRDMP.JPG'][/a]

I have a 7016H in Whitewater that I would volunteer to let him use for a couple of weeks. I do not have a snow blade though. Would the snowblower mount work to get an idea of how it would attach?

I'll do it if a 916H will work for him. I'm located Chisago County in Mn and definately want one of these for my spring landscaping project. Mike DiSanto

I would be interested in buying one these for a 7100 series if it were available and (of course) priced right....

Red works for me ! It would go right with my Massey 2818, of course Regal Blue wouldn't be bad either to go with my 72' Homelite T-15. Besides the Homelite has 10 times the front end of the regular Simplicity or AC. Put me down for one. Sam

I'd like to see a bucket on this Simplicity 717. I'm located just south of the Wisconsin border in Lake Zurich, Illinois. I'd be gald to bring it up for a model.We just recently moved out of the Milwaukee area and this tractor is taking a break while we build our house. Apartment life isn't the greatest since you have no yard to play in.

John Scheel will be contacting some of you local volunteers directly to see what he can arrange for the loaner. I don't think it would make any difference whether it's a snowthrower or a snow/dozer blade. In fact, the snowthrower would likely be more appropriate than the light duty snow/dozer blade, since my snowthrower hitch has a set of "cutouts" that fit over the front axle, while my light snow/dozer uses only the pins in the lower hitch points. I would think that transferring more of the stress directly to the axle instead of the hitch pins would be a good thing.... Any way, John seems excited about this possibility, and so am I. Thanks to everyone! If you would be interested in one of these, keep posting to let John know what his potential market might be.... Let him take "your word" for the level of interest, and not just mine... There's getting to be enough of us, and now we're getting organized enough that we might be able to make it practical to make some of these aftermarket things. In addition to implements, I'm interested in aftermarket replacements for things no longer available -- like Simplicity decals or sleeve hitches or ____________..... Thanks again! Kent