Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
MichaelGT

Sovereign or Landlord

MichaelGT
I am considering a new tractor. (I have two 1973 3416H Sovereigns with both size mower decks, rototiller, and snowblade). My dealer still has a new Sovereign in the showroom. I also looked at the new Landlords. I liked the foot pedal design. Should I spend the additional money on the Sovereign, or buy the Landlord and a new snowblade. I do not plan on using the rototiller much in the future (could keep one of the old tractors). Is anybody willing to share their opinion?

AGCO918
buy the soverign.it is more like a big tractor.i love my agco918/soverign.the soverign will do anything you need it to do.i push snow with my agco918 no problem.on the other hand if you like the foot controls buy the landlord.wish they wouldnt have stopped production on soverign / agco918 but as always good things come to a end.at least i have 00010 agco918.good luck with your purchase.i would buy soverign but you buy what your check book can afford and what you feel more comfortible with.agco918 chad e shafer

Kent
There is no wrong answer to this question, in my book. Either way, you're a winner. If money didn't dictate the answer, personally I'd buy the Sovereign. We know from experience that this design of tractor will still be working hard 30 years from now, if well maintained... Besides, if I spent that amount of money, I'd want it to look like a TRACTOR not a riding lawn mower.... My two cents. BTW, why not go for the gusto -- a 75th Anniversary special with 16 hours on it...[A href='http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=573008538&r=0&t=0&showTutorial=0&e']http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=573008538&r=0&t=0&showTutorial=0&e[/a]

grandpawrichard
It's a tough choice, the are both great tractors! I'd say go for the gusto.....buy the Sovereign! It all breaks down to how much are you going to use the implements that come with the Landlord? Dick

MikeES
I have seen a new (about 1 year ago) Sovereign with a foot control hydro. This was installed by the dealer. I don't know if it was the dealer's design or if it was Simplicity's. The owner did not know who's design but he says it works GREAT! Mike S.