Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sunstar

BradW

Hi, I need the lowdown on the Sunstar series Simplicity produced, this includes anything and everything. The one I am looking at has the power steering and the whole works,Thanks,-BradW

Off the top of my head, 18 or 20 HP Briggs? engines, 3 deck choices, a 48'', a 60'', and some other size I can't remember. I'll see if I can find some of my old books and be back with more info. Jordan

The best of my knowledge the Sunstars used all Kohler engines (I could be wrong). Most are 18 or 20hp Kohler magnum twins. Some early ones could be had with a 16hp Kohler single. These same tractors were sold as AC or Deutz-Allis 1900 series. Except for the 16hp the ones I've seen have power steering, hydraulic lift, left and right brakes, electric fuel gauge, differential lock, etc. The mower decks are driven off from the front of the engine with a pair of belts to a shaft drive to the deck. The deck is much harder to remove or install than the Sovereign chassis. I do not know much about the other attachements. But a cat "0" three point could be installed on the Sunstar. Mike S.

Here's quite a bit of info on the D-A 1900s.[A href='http://www.simpletractors.com/deutz/deutz-allis.htm']http://www.simpletractors.com/deutz/deutz-allis.htm[/a]

I have a DA 1920 Ultima. Has power steering and all the goodies. I have the 48" shaft driven deck. it hooks up underneath the tractor, mid-mount i guess they call it. Snowblower hooks up on the front pto. all shaft driven. Mine is an 1988 or 89 and I have all the original paperwork from the original owner. He paid just shy of 9000 brand new with the deck and blower. Mine has the Kohler magnum 20hp. I assuming the sunstar and 1920's are similar if not exact ...

Thanks to everyone who replied, I am also wondering the reliabilty of the motor and the deck and other things. Thanks again.-BradW