Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
Jeffreyb

Suction Hose

Jeffreyb
Does anybody have any experience with flexible suction hose for a vacuum collector? I want to get a length for a roving nozzle. Selections are numerous. I would like the lightest and most flexible that will withstand the abrasion of leaves and twigs. Do you have an opinion on: Diameter (factory is 7”) Length (10’, 15’, 20’, etc. maximum) Brand (Kanaflex, etc.) Material (PVC, EPDM, etc.) Design (Wire, PVC, etc. spiral) How about a supplier that sells online?

johnsup
Dutch, I do not have any specifications to give you,but can tell you where you can look for supplies----mcmaster-carr.com; also you can try---grainger.com. You can order directly off of their websites.Good luck, John

Mikedinma
Herb, Sounds like you've got the vac system in the works... good to hear. Have you tried a fire supply store? Most stores that sell items for the fire departments carry both hard and soft suction lines. Back when I was on the rescue squad, we had access to a "mail order catalog" for the needed equipment - I'll forward the name if I can recall it. Just a suggestion. Mike

MikeES
Mike, I've just been "tinkering" with it getting ready for warmer weather (this month?). Installed new belts and one new bearing. Going to try a smaller pulley to boost the engine/impeller RPM ratio. Also working on adding knives to the impeller to reduce material volume when not using the mower deck. Thanks for the suggestion about the fire supply. I'll check that out.