Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

B-110's, Your opinion please

SmilinSam

I picked up two B-110's yesterday. I was going to part them both out, but my 11 year old son wrote me a 2 page essay why I should let him have one to restore(Do you suppose he has the bug too?) Anyhow, one is the early one with the push button start and the double hinged seat deck. The other is the newer one with key start and standard single hinged seat deck. Which would be the better for adding to the collection? Both are complete. The loser gets pieced out. I only have enough drive train parts on hand to fix one of them anyhow. Thanks, Sam

i agree with the guys sam .keep both of them.one for each of you .since you have old and the newer version keep both of them.this are the good allis chalmers tractors so keep them both.agco918

While I surely sympahtize with the opinions thus far, we already have a Massey 2818, Simplicity 7114H, AC 912H, AC 710 6 speed, AC 710 3 speed, Homelite T-15H(under restoration and my personal pet), Wheel Horse 314H( wifes preference) and now a B-110 to fix. I have too many now. Besides the other son wants the next B-10 or B-12 that comes through. I dont mind having one of each hood type for show purposes but only if I can make them pay. Right now I need to sell the 912 and part out one B-110 to get the finances back in order with that theme. Besides the timing assembly flew apart on my 95 S10 and seized up the engine on the way home with the B-110's- gotta pay for that now too. Murphys law?