Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
gr-made

B-10 and B-110 white paint

Colin, I have a couple of Cadets and the cost of the cream color from an IH dealer was way out of line $ wise so I tried to find a shelf color that was a near perfect match. What I found was Rust-O-leum Almond. Near perfect color and also a good paint in high gloss and in a spray can or quarts or even gallons. What I found since I purchased my 720 Allis is that the cream color (hard to find) for that tractor is also a match for the Almond color. Lucky me, I don't need to have different kinds of paint setting around. Only thing my Ford 9N is grey and I can't use the almond on that tractor. By the way my 9N canopy is almond and it doesn't look too bad. I'm not sure if this will help you or if you want to go this way, but I've had good success with that color and brand. John

gr-made
I am planning to restore my grandfathers '67 ('66 leftover) B-10 this summer and need some information on the original white used for the rims, steering wheel, dash area, etc. I will use automotive paint (PPG, etc.), so I am looking for a code. I have seen the prophet formula on this website for the original yellow, so I should be able to get that, but the white used is rarely mentioned. When I restored my B-110 5 years ago, I used a bright white left over from a Honda Accord on the rims and it looks great! Then, last summer I restored one of my 310 models and obtained the paint codes for Persian Orange II and Cream from the old shop manuals. However, the Cream is fairly dark and seems too dark for the B-10. Does anyone know if the paint code for the B-10 white is the same as the cream on my 310, or more to the point, does anyone have the B-10 white paint code? When I did the 310, I didn't care about the wheels/hood being a little "dark", but the B-10 was my grandfathers and I used it since I was old enough to touch the brake/clutch - with so much sentimental value, I want to do the best that I can. Thanks for any input guys!! By the way, the IH Cub Cadet forum guys just had a "plow day" out in Indiana, where about 40-50 garden tractors met -they plowed about 15 acres yesterday. I think that another event is being planned up in Massachusetts now as well - anyone interested in an event like that?? We could see how well our "limited slips" do with a sleeve hitch land plow on the back! Colin

MikeES
Colin; Me and a friend just did a set of wheels we painted one set with almond and the other with agco allis new white, They are very close together color wise. The set that was painted almond is going on a B1 Allis and the others are going on a B110 Allis.

MikeES
Thank you for the input guys! Perhaps I will drop by the Allis Chalmers dealer and take a look at their agco allis new white as a comparison to the "cream" that I bought. The "cream" I used on the 310 is VERY Almond, but perhaps it is ok for the B-10 as well. Colin

tej
Colin, I did a paint test on three different colors before I decided to paint them the new white color. The test consisted of new white, cream, and some other white color the Allis has. The thing to remember is that when Allis Chalmers was around before brought out in 1985 by Duetz is that they had three different colors of white, three different colors of orange, different really mind on the lawn and garden items but on the big equipment it did. Lets take the orange of intance a old Allis was painted persian orange and the new Allis was painted corporate orange. Even the paint on the brand new tractors are different. I perfer the new white paint because it is lighter and more brighter than the other white paint.