Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

When was it made?

beamer

I recently purchased a 7016H at an auction. The number is 1690006. In the When Was It Made? section it lists this number for both 1975 and 1976. It has a Briggs and Stratton engine in it if that makes a difference. John Scheele currently is borrowing it for the Johnny Bucket prototype so I have not looked at it any closer.

Rick, Simplicity does not use "model years." It uses production runs, instead, and the same tractor (same MFR #) is made until there is a significant engineering change. Since your tractor has a Briggs, we can date when the engine was made, assuming that it is the original. The engine will likely "predate" the tractor by a couple of months, though. Look at the last series of numbers in the model serial numer, for example: 213431-0627-02-7404241 Drop the last digit (in this case it's 1) off the last number in the series, leaving 740424. This engine was made in 1974 (i.e. 74), in April (i.e. 04), on the 24th day of the month. Do the same for the serial number on your tractor's engine. The question remains -- how long was the engine on hand before Simplicity put it in a tractor.... Kent

Rick, I should also thank you for dropping off and loaning John Scheel your tractor for the Johnny Bucket project. He has already got the basic mounting frame designed and has tested it. He's "tweaking" the lift arm lengths/travel now to get maximum lift and leverage. Did you get to see one work on a Bolens? Kent

No I did not get to see his bucket on the bolens. His bolens has a snowblower on it right now. I did get to see the different size buckets (large vs. small) and the mounting frame. He works fast and does a real good job. I can't wait to go and pick it up when its done.

Kent, is the serial # on briggs the same as the code #? maybe my B112 is about a 72 ie,code #7207241????????