Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Hydraulic oil for loader

SteveP

What is the correct hydraulic oil for the front end loader on an Allis 620/Simplicity 9020? The loader was made by Ark but they don't seem to be around anymore. Thanks for your help.

Umm , We don't know. BUT, we think you should just sell that ole' unit! 8-) I would go with a hydraulic jack oil or a non-foaming oil. Motorcycle front fork oil comes to mind as well. JP

Don't know about your loader, but on my L-10 loader I was using generic Central Tractor (now Quality Farm) hydraulic oil. It seemed to work ok.

I'm a maint supervisor at a major veneer producing plant, every thing , I mean every thing is hyd. . We have done alot of research and have found that most all hyd. oil is basicly the same . Some are thinner grade for use in cooler temps., but for every day, even high teck , state of the art equipment, Moble D T E 24 or any brand marrked universal will work with good results. All have a anti-wear agent even if it is not stated on the lable[Moble A W 46]. All are compatable with each other, and in a pinch, any 10 wt. non detergent motor oil can be used with no harm to ANY components. The most important thing to keep in mind,just like motor oil, it needs to be clean. Dirt in a hyd. system is just as damaging to your pump, controlls, cyls. and even your hoses as dirt in your engine. So if it's been in there awhile, drain and start with fresh, the little extra cost[ apx. 2.00-2.50 a gal. ] is alot easier an cheaper than replacing any of your other components. Just my 1.5 cents [ inflation] Charlie