Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

need help disassembling mower deck

SteveP

I have a 48" deck off a 7016 that I am having difficulty fixing. I cannot figure out how to disassemble the middle spindle to get the bearings out. This one has a longer shaft for the main drive pulley. I had to use a hydraulic press to get the two outside ones apart. Does the center one push out also. I have removed the main drive pulley but I cannot get the second pulley off. Thank you in advance for any and all help.

Hi Rick, One time I couldn't get that pully off and I found 2 set screws in the v-area holding it on. Just a maybe on this one. Good Luck, >>->happyjack<-<<

I'm doing the same thing with my 42" deck and was wondering if anyone has a diagram of the spindle assemblies.

try a little heat and oil and impack and make sure that all the set scrue's are out and should come off easly also when torching try not to heat the shaft and only worm dont cook them then they loose the tuffness. good luck

I did not find any set screws. I cleaned up the shaft as best as I could and then lubed it up with some cutting oil. I put it in our air over hydraulic press and told myself that I was either going to break it in pieces or it was going to come apart. The top bearing was totally trashed but its going to get replaced anyway. Thanks for the suggestions.