Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Powermax tiller PTO shaft?

dallenx

I'm not having any luck finding a replacement shaft for my AC620 tiller. I guess Simplicity does not stock them any more. Can someone tell me the exact length of the tractor side of the PTO shaft? Just from the piece that goes into the PTO, through the u-joint to the end of the half shaft. I just want to make sure that any replacement (non-simp) is neither to long or to short to cause damage or pain.

Dana, Measured my shaft today and I'm proud to say it's 17 1/4 inches long. Seriously...that was the AC tiller shaft (tractor side half that you described above). Now, the tractor side shaft that I use for my Brush Hog is 22 inches long. Let me know if you find something that works, as I am looking for the same piece for another tiller that I have. Jeff

I measured the tiller shaft that is on my Simplicty 4041 and came up with 17 1/8".So between Jeff's measurement and mine that should put you real close. Hope this information helps you find a shaft that fits, because they sure are nice tillers. Rod P