Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
73simplicity

Need advice on my tractor

carter
I'm suspicious that you might have a drive belt that is slipping on the down hill and letting the tractor overrun the engine. Before you go after the engine try a heavier or extra spring on the clutch idler.

you dont replace valve seats you need to get the valves and seats ground to get the job done

Gabe
I agree with Carter. I had to replace my drive belt with a QUALITY belt to stop coasting down hills on my B-10. The old belt was tight, but the wear surface was really smooth and shiny.

73simplicity
I have a 73 Simplicity 3416 s Soveriegn and the engine runs good and cranks good but it has trouble holding back going down a slope which means poor compression but I just recently installed new rings and a piston myself. I think it needs valves and valve seats. I'm just learning the ropes of a small engine mechanic and I need advice on installing valves and valve seats. I already understand how to remove the old valves by removing the crankcase breather and using a spring compresser on the valve springs and removing the valve pins. But I just don't understand the details of removing the old seats and installing the new ones. Please give me a thorough explanation. Thank You