Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
MPH

Les, your strange sickle bar

MPH
While lookin for info on a wards 14 hydrostat I spotted rubber neckin today I saw a walk behind sickle mower looks like your bar on it, guys e-mail is justin@trailnet.com

Les
Thanks! I e-mailed the guy and he said that it is an attachment for a Simplicity!!!! Apparently I am magically drawn to Simplicity equipment!! eerie for sure Does the orange paint match Simplicity walkers? I went to the Simplicity info on the site and the walker sickle mowers shown do not look like what I have, but it does state in the text that the sickle bar mower must be re-assembled after shipment. Could what I have possibly be a brand new attachment for a late model Simplicity mower that needs to be re-assembled for attachment to a Simplicity walker??

MPH
Les, magically drawn to Simplicty? I think its an effect of "the fever". Last summer at a realestate action I was short-cutting up a hill when a piece of orange tin drew me off trail, turned out to be parts of a Model W walker, about the same faded orange as my 725. included tiller trany, handle bar and a piece of the frame with the MFG # on it. in the same pile was the haban sickle mower. I drug the actioner down there at end of sale. What I see on this site I hate to addmit what I gave for it,might not be able to sleep tonite. good luck.MPH