Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
Guy

Two Speed SHIFT FORK Parts

Guy
HI, I have a B10 with the two speed pulley that is missing the Pivot, Shift fort part # 2026480 and Bearing, Pivot part # 2026481 These ride on the cover assewmby and move the cover in and out to change gears Does anyone have a set lying around or the dimensions so that I can get a new set made? Thanks Guy

Guy
From TENNIES HARDWARE, INC One of the part numbers you are looking for is still available the other is not - here it is: part 2026480 supersedes to 157353 Pivot $14.31 part 2026481 supersedes to 157354 No Longer Available(The part numbers do not really supersede, they actually switch from ALLIS CHALMERS part number to SIMPLICITY part numbers.

Kent
Guy, I think once you see what the "pivot" looks like, you'll figure out that you can make the bushing. It is a hard rubber plug with a slot in it. It goes inside the pivot and the slot is for the rib or flange on the pulley. Their purpose is to simply avoid metal-to-metal contact and the subsequent rattling, etc., that would naturally happen. I think that if you get some hard rubber like a test tube plug and cut/grind a slot in it, you'll be fine... That's what I've figured out to try when I need to, any way... Kent http://www.simpletractors.com/images/high-low/figure3.jpg