Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
Kent

Johnny Bucket Sneak Preview

Kent
We're still doing some checking/testing on the length of lift rods needed for different series, but I wanted to give you a sneak preview.... I don't think John will mind! http://www.simpletractors.com/images/ricks_bucket.jpg

AGCO918
That bucket looks absolutely great......! I hope Rick posts a bunch of pix showing how it's attached and action pix with a narrative of operation.

Kent
Here's another view. I like the looks of his workmanship, even the "color-coded" ropes.... 8o) It does show how much lift this thing has, even when fully tripped to dump. http://www.simpletractors.com/images/right_side.jpg

The Red rope trips the bucket lock? The Black rope pulls the bucket back to level after dumping?

JBucketman
Dutch, This is exactly how the two ropes work. Red to trip and blact to reset. When reseting, no need to set the bucket back down to relatch only to re-lift it again too get your next load. You just back away from you pile and pull the reset cord. No lost motions! Thanks, John

MPH
Looks really cool John, saw one on a Stiener center pivot tractor in Palmer last summer and the dream to make me one for the B112 logged in. haven"t had time to try as been too many nail to pound since. maybe I don't have now. MPH

JBucketman
Dan, No power steeering needed. I was testing this bucket with around 150lbs in it. It was not bad. Mabe a little harder standing still but once your rolling, no problem. I allways recomend that the customer air up there tires a little higher than normal. I you want to test this out on your tractor. Have somebody sit on your hood that weighs about 180lbs and drive around. This will give you a good feel for what it feels like. Thanks, John Scheele Johnny Products