Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  

Landlord 3210V gearbox: Now What?

Was able to tear down the direction change gear box in my '69 3210V Landlord today and found a bigger problem than originally anticipated. The input shaft bearings are indeed worn but there are also problems with the input shaft itself and the pinion. The keyways in both are wallowed out and the woodruff key itself was almost sheared into two pieces. Bearings are no problem, the local industrial supply house should be able to fix me up. But no dealers are open today and I'm wondering what a shaft and gear will cost, or do I have to buy the gear set? At what point financially would it make sense to buy a used box? Are good ones available? What are they going for out there? What other models have a gear box that will interchange with this one? As you can see, there are many questions, hope to find some answers. Thanx in advance.

Sandy_Lake_Imp
Input shaft is 'bout $40 and each gear 'bout $55. If gear teeth are OK on other gear it should be reuseable. We stock em & may have a used box as well. If so $175 exchange. This is a used price-not rebuilt. We could rebuild yours. Email if interested or ph 724-376-2489 8-5 eastern S>L>I

MPH
Dick sounds like my B112 gear box,output shaft, keys, one gear and bearings. cost? i like the saft price sandy lake is talking, seems mine was over 55. MPH