Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

• Announcements

• Kent

Sign In or Password Problems?   10/09/2016

If you can't Sign In, you need to reset your password.  Use the Forgot Your Password link at the bottom of the Sign In screen, and the site will send you an email to reset it. If you have an AOL email account, use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the screen -- AOL is intermittently blocking email from the site.
    • Kent

Feedback Please!   10/28/2017

See News and Announcements forum.
Sign in to follow this  
Scoop

7014S Got Spark!! Just pops?????

Scoop
Got all kinds of spark, but all it wants to do is pop, cleaned points,got good fuel, new plug. Could it be the points? or timing? Should I do away with the points? Could use all the adivce I can get . Thanks for the help on the spark problem. SCOOP from TR MI.

Scoop I am an auto mechanic and as you can understand it's been a while since I messed with points but if the dwell angle was off enough that is all you will get so check your point gap that could be the problem. A lean situation could also cause backfires verify whether popping through carb or exhaust

Scoop
I would like to thank all of you that helped me out. I found that the intake valve was stuck open. The old girl runs like a champ!! Agin thanks SCOOP in Three Rivers MI. We got spark,Were up and running!!!!!!!!!!!!