Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

7014S Got Spark!! Just pops?????

Scoop

Got all kinds of spark, but all it wants to do is pop, cleaned points,got good fuel, new plug. Could it be the points? or timing? Should I do away with the points? Could use all the adivce I can get . Thanks for the help on the spark problem. SCOOP from TR MI.

Do you have good compression ? Perhaps you have a stuck valve or one of the valve seats came out. Also, how's the fuel supply ? Regards, TK

YEOMAN627 I will look in to that tomarrow night. Thanks if you or anyone thinks of else to try I would appreate it.Thank ^You SCOOP

Scoop I am an auto mechanic and as you can understand it's been a while since I messed with points but if the dwell angle was off enough that is all you will get so check your point gap that could be the problem. A lean situation could also cause backfires verify whether popping through carb or exhaust

I would like to thank all of you that helped me out. I found that the intake valve was stuck open. The old girl runs like a champ!! Agin thanks SCOOP in Three Rivers MI. We got spark,Were up and running!!!!!!!!!!!!