Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

sovereign motors

I am looking at purchasing a used sovereign 7112 or 7116 the 7112 is the better of the two. If I have a problem with the motor down the road how easy is it to change the motor over to upgrade? What motrs will fit and how big?

The engines are K-series Kohler, they are not made any more due to emission standards. The M-series Kohler Magnums took their place. I don't know if they will fit right in or not, but I'm sure some other members will have some input as well. Try the link below for engines. Jordan p.s. He has some older K-series Kohlers as well.[A href='http://www.smallenginewarehouse.com']http://www.smallenginewarehouse.com[/a]

On the 7100 ser the magnum fits right in.You shouldn't have to modify frame. Ign sw. needs to be changed to magneto.Don't know about driveshaft length being the same though?I am not a Kohler fan per say butI think the Magnums are a pretty nice eng.from my limited experience with them so far.Does Anyone have any bad things to say about them?

Are you sure these are Kohlers? I have seen both of these tractors with B&S. In any event Kohler K, Kohler M, or B&S 3000 or 3200 series engines will fit. And with a kit they can be upgraded to the new Kohler V-twins Mike S.

Hi, We used to replace them with the magnum, but they don't meet emissions either and are for all practical purposes dead. We use the TH18, and make a kit to fit these tractors. It includes everything you need, engine, driveshaft, engine, throttle, coupling, choke cables, battery cables, muffler, heat shields, exhaust pipe, muffler clamp, oil drain valve, oil drain hose, fuel line, tank bushing,adapter plate, electronic changeover kit. all hardware and complete step by step instructions. We sold one of our kits to a gentleman in Indiana a while back, he called me the next day after it arrived and said he got home from work at 5, changed clothes and at 8:30 was driving it around. Unless you have a single cylinder and it is desired to relieve the frame, [templates provided] this is a total bolt in kit. He also said the instructions were excellent. The kit sells for 1850 plus freight. We have put Commands in these tractors, including a CH25. The reinforcing ribs stamped in the bottom of the frame get in the way of the mounting holes on some models. On the 25 we had to make wedge shaped pieces and weld them in the frame top and bottom and then grind them flat, and check for flatness so no strain is put on the mounting lugs of the crankcase. Then we had to build the bottom up on one side of the hole same problem and the bolt head didn't set flat. Next we had to mill 2 fins of the oil cooler off. I have no desire to ever do another one, when the TH goes in with much less hassle. We also make a kit that adaapts the engine, so the tractor thinks it still has a battery ignition engine. 4 wires, 10 minutes and you have changed from a battery to electronic ignition engine. You don't have to touch the ignition switch, safety switches or wiring in the tractor 39.95 Nuf said, Good luck, AL