Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

• Announcements

• Kent

Sign In or Password Problems?   10/09/2016

If you can't Sign In, you need to reset your password.  Use the Forgot Your Password link at the bottom of the Sign In screen, and the site will send you an email to reset it. If you have an AOL email account, use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the screen -- AOL is intermittently blocking email from the site.
    • Kent

Feedback Please!   10/28/2017

See News and Announcements forum.
Sign in to follow this  
Eddie

738 Simplicity 1973

Eddie
Are the 1973 Simplicity tractors the 738s common? I was looking for one. I have two Simplicitys, one is a 1966 Broadmoor, great tractor, and my other one is a 1972 Yeoman 637, but i was wondering if a 1973 738 were common. Thanks all help would be appreciated.

Karl_Brandt
I do not know if they are common. I do have a 1973 Simplicity 738,siting my back field.I would like to get it running soon to try cutting the grass with it.[A href='http//www.geocities.com/yosemite/falls/5395/index.html']http//www.geocities.com/yosemite/falls/5395/index.html[/a]

Yeoman627
I have three Broadmoors - two 738s and a 728. They are great tractors. The 738s are in excellent condition. The 728 has a blown engine (connecting rod through the crankcase) that I'm currently in the process of 'rebuilding'. I use the tractors for snowthrowing and towing a yard cart. I also plan on using it for cutting the grass after I rebuild the mower deck. I have a fair amount of experience with these tractors, but do not know how 'popular' they were. I can tell you that the serial numbers of my two 738s are 2392 and 9508. Regards, Tom Kelly PS - I also have a Yeoman 627 (my first - that's what got me started)