Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

FDT VS RBT

Simplicity85

Now I'm sure some one has done this in the past who likes which? I've had them both it's a tie for me. Just cant say which I like. I like them both.

Well...........sort of....but uh.....well...I'm stuck on FDTs for life. So if you want a footrest from an FDT just say the word and I'll send one your way Bro!

Nuthin like resting your feet on the guards of a floating anti-scalp deck on a summer day, mowing along in 3rd gear or plowing snow and getting that little kid feeling from letting your feet dangle:D

Thanks. My 3414S has that same deck and I think I like the idea of something between my feet and those exposed belts. I can't remember what the 6512.5 is. Have to look the next time I blow snow:D Chris

I think Mr. DENTWIZZ said it all, all tho I blow my snow, the ole B112 is way more comfortable to me than the 7119 I thought I needed just to go hydro, 2 yrs later bought the hole butt end of a 212 hydro from a guy parting it out & changed it to hydro. now I love it even more. Mr. MPH is right the big ones are in a class of there own I have a 1920 AGCO ALLIS couldn't pass up the $1050 price, the MRS. gets it to mow with. Didnt realize the 33 series didn't have RB's on them until I seen MPH picture & I belive no nydrolic lift was available either, pumps from the FDT's probably wont go on them either, love my hydro lift on the 112 for the snow blower. like the PTO on 7119 for mowing better (less belt buying than the 112) should of 1/2 bread it with the butt of a 33 series.

quote:
Originally posted by Cvans
Thanks. My 3414S has that same deck and I think I like the idea of something between my feet and those exposed belts. I can't remember what the 6512.5 is. Have to look the next time I blow snow:D Chris
I think you have a point there, Chris. Any OSHA inspector reading this thread would have a seizure! Tacey

quote:
Originally posted by Simplicity85
Now I'm sure some one has done this in the past who likes which? I've had them both it's a tie for me. Just cant say which I like. I like them both.
I think it's best to have at least one of each. I have 1 FDT, and 2 RBT's right now. I like the RBT's better, becaust I find that I can still drag my feet even with the RB's. Tacey

RBT all the way for me. I am 6'6" and all the FDTs' I have seen or owned (2 of them:a 725 and a B10) were to small and felt dinky to me. The 3410 and 7116 I have fit me fine. (Also the 712 that I parted out and wish I hadn't :( ) Now to you guys that like to drag their feet... I used to also as a young man... Until they caught a rut while on the tailgate of a Chevy P/U which pulled me off and broke my tailbone..:O

FDTs... without question. I was actually able to put down my foot and prevent the tractor rolling over sideways, once... that was enough to demonstrate how useful that is. I was tilling on slight hillside in my front lawn, when the very uphill tine caught a buried chunk of granite. If I hadn't quickly reacted, putting my foot down, I'd have likely been on my side, with a leg pinned under the tractor, with a running tiller... as it was, BOTH uphill wheels were in the air and I had to tiptoe and stretch to push it back down on the ground, it was so close to the tipping point... I've lost count of the times that I've put my feet down and rocked the tractor (holding onto the steering wheel, and pushing with my legs), when stuck in the snow, and gotten it out without ever leaving the seat or opening the snowcab door... it's now just another "maneuver" that you kinda plan on having to do... Of course, I'm only 5'10", so I'm not cramped up sitting on the tractor, either... nor would my legs reach the ground when trying to straddle running boards. BTW, did John Wayne's horses have running boards? How about your bicycle? j/k :D

FDT-RBT hybrid The best of both worlds. 16hp, SundStrand hydrostatic, SundStrand hydraulic lift.

For pure comfort Legacy XL 4X4. [img]/club2/attach/UCD/Legacy%20XL%204X4%2003.jpg[/img]

UCD, That cab still impresses me every time you post a pic of it! I like the RBT's better simply because of the cone clutch and additional area to move my feet around on. I have also become very accustomed to the purr of a twin cylinder engine. Dan