Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Duplicolor for a AC716

OrangeMetalGuy

From what I've read here, many members like the Duplicolor spray paint for their tractors. I don't plan on a showcar finish, so I think this is the way I will go. I've looked but cannot find the Duplicolor paint code to match the original paint on an AC-716. Anyone have this info? Thanks.

quote:
First I gave it a coat of rust killer, then 2 coats of self etching primer, sanded lightly, then 3 coats of Dupli color 1607. All put on after setting the metal on top the wood stove til a bit too warm to want to hold for very long.
per MPH

Thought I read here one time the DuplColor 1607 easn't quite right for RBT's but when I did the 3314H-fdt I tried it under the dash, away from any sun bleaching and I couldn't see the difference. I even went so far as to wax the old paint to make it shine like new. My simplicity paint of choice.

There is no exact duplicolor match that I am aware of. The 700 Series tractors were AC corporate orange, I know my 710's color has less red in it than my 3410 and 7010. I think DE1620 is the color with less red in it and may be closer than DE1607 which is a darker color I use on the older Simplicitys. Here is the Duplicolor

Below is factory AGCO corporate orange. The color may be slightly different than what was used in the '70s, I don't know, I haven't sprayed it yet. You can buy this at any agco dealer, I paid $16 for the quart of paint about 1 year ago (price will vary by dealer)

The original paint for the 700/900 series AC was "Powder Orange" part #1685589, which as far as I know is still available from Simplicity dealers. The paint for the 3300/3400 series Simplicities was "Deep Orange" part #1685611, this had more red in it. Note: the Simplicity 7790 Diesel was painted with the same color as the AC920. Powder Orange.