Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

RBT seat?

albj93

Hello, Can anyone tell me if this seat is a correct match for the RBT? Sure looks close to me http://cgi.ebay.com/Simplicity-Seat-20-Wide-10-1-2-High-13-Deep_W0QQitemZ390021243110QQihZ026QQcategoryZ82248QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1742.m153.l1262 Thank you, Andy Waldorf Md

It is the same seat. The bolt pattern on the back is for the seat plate in the picture(number 22). The part number is 1714167. They are about $23.00 dollars. You could also use a couple pieces of flat strap.

Hey Andy good to hear from ya, I have a Dash tower for a small size tractor, I think Ambler gave it to me to give to you, I still have it. Do you want it? John H

It is still availabe at jack`s for $17.77 I bought a couple of the seats myself and my dealer told me when I called him that he could get it for me for around $23.00 http://www.jackssmallengines.com/searchdb2.cfm

Sorry Ray, Guess I should have started a topic instead of asking under the E-bay auctions... Thank you for the information. I have been buying nice used ones for twice that... Since you specified the mounting plate (22) above, is that a adapter for the seat to mount to the fender pan instead of the hinges or does the adapter plate bolt to the hinges? John, Yes I still want the dash tower. It is for my B212 with the L112 loader. Currently it has a B210 dash tower on it and the seat latch bracket is not in the correct place for the Vari-drive wheelbase and belt guard mounting. Will try to get in touch with you before this coming weekend. Andy Waldorf Md

Am i understanding right that this is an adapter plate to allow readily available seats to fit the 11x7 simplicity/Allis bolt pattern? Any idea what it converts to? what model had these?

Here is the manual that the above diagram is from. I bought two seats from Small engine Warehouse. I haven`t bought the plate yet. Not sure if I am going to since it can be done cheaply with a couple pieces of flat strap. My dealer told me that this is the plate for the above seat. I am going by what he told me. http://www.simplicitymfg.com/document/index.cfm?doc=TP_400_1207_03_SV_SMA_LO.pdf

Or you can skip the seat plate and add threaded rivets at the proper locations as I did for a generic seat in this post: http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/topic.asp?ARCHIVE=true&TOPIC_ID=64816&SearchTerms=seat Just make sure you use a drill bit stop to avoid drilling through the top of the seat.