Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Cab,snowthrower,lights,snow,wind....more pics 1/6

sunrunner

Bought a couple more of these magnetic lights to mount on top of my snow cab/tractor w/snowthrower, via another magnet inside the fiberglass top. I will have two facing front and one back - Question is: Is it better to mount lights high or find another spot - Reason: I am fortunate enough where my driveway passes my house to get to the garage...I can only blow one way for a stretch and I sometimes get blinded by the wind/snow - Will this extra light help in this situation?? Light should be here Mon.-Tues. will get night pics - Thanks Chris

I mounted my light up high. Seems to give a lot more light then the factory headlights. Of course its not the sealed beam like the headlights. I think its 55 watts versus the 35 or so of the factory. Kind of like a cyclops!!!:D I also have the rear worklight. I am looking for the yellow strobe, air conditioning, cupholders, and cd like Ericks :D

The reason for the magnetic: Not enough headroom for them at the shed door, and I don't want to drill the fiberglass top....

How about still drilling the top and making a bracket so the lights are in the corners of the cab? Or for that matter put them in the cab with you an inch off the windshield...as long as it does not melt it will keep you warm and keep the vinyl clear...:D

These lights have a 5" 120# holding magnet in the base - went to the local ACE Hardware and bought a 96# flat magnet and I sandwich the fiberglass in between the magnets, plus I can move/angle them to where I want with no drilling and it takes all I got to separate:D them

I plan on having two on either side and one facing back

Inside magnet

Found this magnet light - Triangle is LED's and the center red lights up - Flashing or steady

Thanks - Also found out(after some trial and error) you can rotate and move the light from the inside by moving the inside magnet around:DUPS should get my other light to me tomorrow and will update w/night time pics

Hope to get some snow soon to try them out^

quote:
Originally posted by Burntime
How about still drilling the top and making a bracket so the lights are in the corners of the cab? Or for that matter put them in the cab with you an inch off the windshield...as long as it does not melt it will keep you warm and keep the vinyl clear...:D
Putting the light inside the cab will give too much glare unless you mask it off to keep the light from reflecting back in. I once blinded myself trying to use a spotlight in the cab to find street signs. Placing the lights up high reduces the reflection from the back of the snow blower. On my Legacy, I put lights on the loader cross-bar above the hood to supplement the headlights. With the lights at two different levels, I can see, no matter if the the loader is up or down.

[url]http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/E20-70-LED-Magnetic-Flashing-Triangle-Safety-Light_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1713Q2em153Q2el1262QQcategoryZ42613QQihZ001QQitemZ110335132406QQtcZphoto[/url] Will send you a PM - Chris