Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

dual wheel spacer specs

debshirl

Paul, check Miller Tire on eBay. They have a dual wheel spacer kit that utilizes the square weight holes to assemble. I have a pair and I love them! Nothing gets between the wheels like leaves, mud or snow would with the originals and they can be had for a 1/5Th the price that Elon is asking for his set. (No offense Elon, that's just my cheapskate opinion coming out in me.) They are $48 dollars plus shipping and they come with a pair of rings that seat on the bead of the rim and the mounting bolts in two different lengths, depending on your application. Also, there's a set of spacers that are on eBay right now that are identical to Elons set (only they are incorrectly described as Cub Cadet, but are actually Allis-Chalmers) AND they include ALL the mounting bolts. They're currently only at $75.00 with around 16 hours to go on the auction. The Cub Cadet spacers have a smaller diameter spacer pipe which do not work on our tractors. Compare the picture I posted from the Auction to Elons and you'll see that they are the same with the added bonus of all the mounting bolts. http://cgi.ebay.com/cub-cadet-dual-wheel-spacers_W0QQitemZ160307651413QQihZ006QQcategoryZ82248QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Also, here's a link to Miller Tires dual wheel spacer set. Like I said, I have a set of these and I love them. Much easier to install than the stockers and they seal the two rims from debris getting between the wheels. They'll fit any 12 inch wheel combination with the right length carriage bolts. http://cgi.ebay.com/Dual-Wheel-Kit-Lawn-Garden-Tractor-Tires-Bolens-Sears_W0QQitemZ220289539097QQihZ012QQcategoryZ82248QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1742.m153.l1262

Those cub spacers are longer than mine. They are for bolting two 9.5 tires together, mine are not. Paul, I would make a set using the dimensions I PMed you earlier.

Thanks for the correction Elon. If the price was right with those on eBay it would be worth it to cut them down, or just have a wider stance than with the stockers.