Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
Boney

725 Down Pressure

Boney
Today in Mass we got a heavy mixture of Ice,Rain and Snow. I was not able to push it with the 725. I removed the plow slide shoes and place two 25 lbs plates on the plow hitch. After doing this I was able to plow the slushy stuff. I will remove the 50 lbs and put the shoes back on the plow after this storm.

Kent
Herm, Yep, lovely weather we're having, isn't it? :O I just hope it doesn't repeat the ice storm damage we had about 3 weeks ago... I notice the bend in your lift rod -- did you do that manually pushing down on it, or did you hit something (curb, crack in sidewalk, etc) that bent it that way?

Boney
I had to wait for the slop to get very wet before it would move. Kent, the bar was that way when I got it.......I always thought it was suppose to have that bend, lol jokes on me. This pic of it is from the seat. Should I be changing something ? UCD last week a trucker had to back up 3 mile on I 91 because he missed a detour sign and when he got to it he was to wide to pass through it. In his defense I saw the detour sign and it was not very obvious. I only saw it because I was looking for it.

Kent
quote:
Originally posted by Boney
Kent, the bar was that way when I got it.......I always thought it was suppose to have that bend, lol jokes on me. This pic of it is from the seat. Should I be changing somthing ?
From that angle, it looks fine. From the other angle, it looked like there was a different bend in it. They need to be bent out from the frame a bit, but there shouldn't be an up/down bend, if that makes sense... In either case, it looks like it works for you, as is...