Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

725 Down Pressure

Boney

Today in Mass we got a heavy mixture of Ice,Rain and Snow. I was not able to push it with the 725. I removed the plow slide shoes and place two 25 lbs plates on the plow hitch. After doing this I was able to plow the slushy stuff. I will remove the 50 lbs and put the shoes back on the plow after this storm.

Herm, Yep, lovely weather we're having, isn't it? :O I just hope it doesn't repeat the ice storm damage we had about 3 weeks ago... I notice the bend in your lift rod -- did you do that manually pushing down on it, or did you hit something (curb, crack in sidewalk, etc) that bent it that way?

Good thing these old tractors can take doing what needs to be done to get the job done. You guys sure have nasty winters back there. Snow ice and rain, I like my snow only.

I had to wait for the slop to get very wet before it would move. Kent, the bar was that way when I got it.......I always thought it was suppose to have that bend, lol jokes on me. This pic of it is from the seat. Should I be changing something ? UCD last week a trucker had to back up 3 mile on I 91 because he missed a detour sign and when he got to it he was to wide to pass through it. In his defense I saw the detour sign and it was not very obvious. I only saw it because I was looking for it.

quote:
Originally posted by Boney
Kent, the bar was that way when I got it.......I always thought it was suppose to have that bend, lol jokes on me. This pic of it is from the seat. Should I be changing somthing ?
From that angle, it looks fine. From the other angle, it looked like there was a different bend in it. They need to be bent out from the frame a bit, but there shouldn't be an up/down bend, if that makes sense... In either case, it looks like it works for you, as is...