Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

A snowy/wet Day...UPDATE_8th

cojo92

So went out to plow some 1/2 inch of slushie wet snowy rainy mix off my driveway, and when i finished i wanted to plow more. so i went and plowed out around my garage so it wouldnt flood. well on the way back to my garage to unthinkable happened... PICTURES TELL ALL:

This just happened about 25 minutes ago. =[ I called some of my frends with trucks but they cant right now. My dad is going to try to pull it out with his truck 2morrow when he comes to pick me up after school. Its pooring now so i just covered it good with a Tarp and hope it stays dry. Ill try to get some pictures tommorow of the pull out...that is if all goes well. [sm02] sm02 sm02 sm02 sm02 wah wah UPDATE: Ok so today after school i asked my dad and he was like its too wet and the truck would sink and wreck the lawn. i told him idk about the lawn but anyways...after we got my brother from school we went to home depot to get sand and stuff for my nanas driveway. asked dad again and he let me get a 100 foot 3/4" braded cable. got back to my house and tired from the front of his truck and to the rear end on my soverigen. as he was backing up, the tractor started to move with not effort but then it started to lift up on its side, so i had him stop and put some boards under the right side wheels. then when i went to do the front i guess the truck was getting stuck so he put 4wd on and lightly tapped the gasand my soverigen fliped on its side so fast and lifted off the ground and landed in the hole next to it. heres a picture i got from my cell phone camera:

Well after i took that he put the cable to the truck angain and aroundd a tree and to the front of the trator. all that did was drag it into another hole. is said to my self..."thats it! that beutiful tractor is so gone. it must be destroy (u had to be there to see what it looked like. well i went in my garage and just closed my eyes and went nahh nahh nahhh nahh..then i heard a loud thumpp. went out and it was upside right and next to my garage. ONE WORD...dOdTANK!!!!!!!!!!!!! THIS THINGHAD NOT A SCRACH ON IT!!!:O:O:O:O:O:O EVERY THING COSMETICLY WAS JUST AS IT WAS LAST WEEK!! THOSES 3400 SERIES ARE SO HEAVY DUDY. NOW THAT PROVES THE QUALITY OF A SIMPLICITY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D:D:D Just was really muddy. and the gas and oil all drand out and all over the front and hood and such. will take pictures 2morrow after school. and im gonna clean it up and start it. Hope every thing runs and functions ok.^ THANKS ALL FOR READING MY LONG NEVER ENDING POST! |) Mike C.

Well now just sucks. Course, had you been using your FDT you could have gave a little assistence esp backing up to get better rocking motion and drove away}:)}:)

I have done the same thing I usually get a spare tractor and some chain, see there is a reason to have a spare tractor }:)}:)}:)jh

Yes but my this tractor ihas a strong hydro in foward but hates revrseing on the slihest incline sm02. so trying to rock it made it worse.

Oh and the seat my dad got back in 1994 or 1995 as a replacement for his old 728 broadmoor seat. then the tractor broke and put it to the curb for free! :O but i was only 4 or 5 yrs old when he junked it. wah. BUT he had keep the simplicity dump cart and plow and thats what started it all for me! the plow and cart were in my garage still and when my parents split up, i was 9 and my mom started having me use the 1998 sabre by JD (yes a green one). and then the summer of 2007 i lloked up the name "simplicity" on the plow, on youtube and found Mark a-c's videos and saw his 707 restore and from that day i was determined to get on to fit my plow. so i pme'ed him on youtube and then found out he was even my age too so i new it was possible for me too do somthing like that. Then on the night of Nov. 28th, 2007, he sent me a link to thios club and that night i made my account here! :J well yeah thats where tha seat came from. so i cant say exactly what it fits. srry.

quote:
Originally posted by MPH
Well now just sucks. Course, had you been using your FDT you could have gave a little assistence esp backing up to get better rocking motion and drove away}:)}:)
dOd:J:J:J:J Should we also remind him of the "#1 Rule for Holes" 1. When you find yourself in a hole -- stop digging! LOL... yell&:)&:)&:)

quote:
Originally posted by Kent dOd:J:J:J:J Should we also remind him of the "#1 Rule for Holes" 1. When you find yourself in a hole -- stop digging! LOL... yell&:)&:)&:)
Sounds like a divorce I went through in California :OB)B):D

sounds like ya got her all right. she should run just put her on a level surface and check all the fluids and prime the carb. should be a ok again. keep her a hummin and right side up. matt

WOW! He flipped it. if that were a FDT it would had been crushed lol (just kidding). no i like FDT'S too.

Hey Mike, Those seats must have been popular at one time. I just found this tractor for sale on craigslist locally here in Milwaukee.

Tom