Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Hold on to your precious metal...

Kent

Check out these dealer prices... I think he's left himself a bit of negotiating room.[A href='http://www.wengers.com/display_type.asp?category=tractor_equipment&equip_type=Garden_Tractors']http://www.wengers.com/display_type.asp?category=tractor_equipment&equip_type=Garden_Tractors[/a]

Well, they may appear high but I'd pay 1600 for one of them before I'd shell it out for a new Sears, MTD, Murray, or Home Depot brand. Beamer

that is why i only have one tractor because some want to rob us blind.to high for me on some of their tractors but not to bad on others though.agco918

Wow! I didn't know by B-1 and 700 or 725 were worth so much. I'll have to point this out to "Ole What's Her Name" so she will understand why the garage is so full. Cheers, Roy

He knocks 200 off and looks like a hero. My friend locally sells him parts farm tracts.He comes 220 miles up here to pick them up!Pays cash on the spot.

Thanks for the lead on a L-10 loader to copy from. I Am trying to fabricate the sub frame right now for the L-10 I have. I am going to pay them a visit to measure up the parts I need .

Just an update on my original reply. The Cub has a Kohler engine, not a Briggs. One other comment whether it was meant for me or just a comment in general. Isn't it strange that other people have junk or want too much for it but their stuff is the best and more valuable. There are a lot of nice guys that like Cubs and wouldn't have any thing else. I have had both and since I had my 720 I prefer it. Good luck keeping yours running! John

Kent, Those cub's must be early 60's. I've had one since 1966 and by the way it is now ready to be sold. Not for $1150 or $1600, but for $1050 with a mower. It is a 12hp Kohler model 124 Cub Cadet with a 48 inch belly mower. I just finished re-doing it and I want to make more room for my 720 that is just about done being restored. Any one interested there is a dirt/snow blade available. I tried to send a picture through a link but I am having a problem. I will email you a picture and if you would could you transfer it to this reply. Thanks, John

Kent, I agree, a little high for my wallet. I did like the loader pictures. Once again a little more than I would pay but it appeared that he had all the goodies to go with it. It looked like someone modified the bucket and added on to it. Still, not a bad find for the person who doesn't mind spending the money. As we all know, us who plan to fabricate our selves don't allways realize that time is money too. If my wife wouldn't ________ me over it, I wouldn't mind just buying all that at once.

Maybe this guy knows that guys like us have a very personal relationship with our tractors and there's many more who'd like to. Face it, he may want a high price for his stuff, but if it were our own, and we had to sell it, what would we want for it? They say there's a sucker born every minute, but one of those minutes was the one I was born, and if I see some piece of equipment I really want/need, and I can afford it, it will be mine! And he knows it! Powermax_Paul

Interesting link, thanks Kent. Save your iron? All of it? Try to link a pic. MPH http://www.albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=16422726a=12566022+p=46427117/view?w

• 3 weeks later...
Powermax_Paul I went ahead and sold my Cub. I was wanting to sell the front blade with it but he didn't need the blade as he has a Cub with a blade and didn't want another one. As you were saying we do get attached with our tractors and do hate to see them go. When he pulled away with the tractor on his trailer he was happy and I felt like I lost an old friend. I had the fateful thing since 1966 and gave me many years of good service. On the good side there is now an empty space in my barn. Should I fill it up with another 720 or just keep my wife happy that I did get rid of something? I am on my last few days of finally getting my 720 finished and ready to take my after pictures. Keeping the yard mowed takes a lot of my spare time (5 acres). By the way the Cub was out front of my yard two days and the second guy that looked at it bought it. The third guy came too late and he would buy it if the other guy didn't show up to pick it up. So, it sold for $800 w/o the front blade. The third guy wanted the blade and would have given me $950 for it all. This is just a reference for anyone out there that thinks some prices are high but if you want something and the price is what you agree to and you can afford it and want it bad enough then buy the thing. John