Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
Chris727

Model 19 repair options?

Chris727
I decided to try to bring this old girl back to life,

The original model 19 is toast, I found another 19D which had good compression but needed an oil pan and a good clean up. I later found that the piston rotated left to right, the rod is worn at the top and bottom edges. The crank is about 6 thoudandths beyond the reject size. There were not underisized rods made for this engine. New cranks are pretty well extinct. I'm wondering if I could have the crank turned and have existing rod bored and an insert made. I have had this done on Kohlers but they have a much larger crankpin. Not sure how much I can afford to remove from such a small crank and still maintain its sturdiness. Any suggestions? Thanks. Chris

Chris727
quote:
Originally posted by Simplicity85
Are you going to restore that 725 and that yellow one?
No, the yellow one was a parts machine for the B-212 I'm restoring. I was hoping just to get the 725 running, already got a 700 I need to finish restoring. As of right now its not looking like the 725 is going to be fixed anytime soon. I got the crank removed from the engine and have found both the PTO and MAG bearing journals are worn significantly, the plain bearings are definitely a downside to these model 19's and 23Ds. I think I will hold off and watch for an NOS crank, rod, and bearing plates to repair this model 19D. Now the new problem, I cannot locate a parts list for this engine. I have one for a 19 with magnematic ignition but not for the later 19D, I need a part # for the crankshaft. Engine details are Model 19D, Type # 012201 Serial # 4472. Thanks. -Chris