Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Winch wiring diagram

Architectdave

Since many of you are more crafty than I does anoyone know how to wire a winch with solenoids (type?).... I saw in the other thread the diagram that show the six pole double throw switcha nd was wondering how i could use 4 cheap solenoids to operate a small 12v winch i want to put on the 3314.... Not sure if there is a some sort of solenoid to get thats not jsut the standard ford type that would handlemaybe more than one circuit.... anyone know the right way to do this? I want to use a press and hold toggle switch for in and out on the cable feed....

If you don't already have a winch, take a look at Harbor Freight. They have a 3,000 lb winch with remote control for $69.99. It is shown on the cover of the latest mail catalog. It's item #95912-2jsb. 2 wires directly to the battery and mount it to your tractor. Simple! It works with a key fob control to wind it in or out. It comes with a fairlead roller and flat plate mount. This type of winch was selling for $150.00 in the late '70's. I had one and it would pull a car on to my trailer with out any problem. I have used it with a small tractor battery and it works well, BUT, depending on the amp charge rate of your alternator or generator, it may not keep up with the usage rate.

I actually have a small warn just like that one shown. I dont use it and wanted to mount it up on a removable front hookup for when i need it.....not for 4 wheeling lol I also have a genrator head im gong to rig up on the back....

Dave - This should do what you need at a reasonable price, all in one unit: [url]http://www.surpluscenter.com/item.asp?UID=2009010816582916&item=11-3169-12&catname=[/url] Add a single pole double throw momentary toggle switch and you are in business. Glen