Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Front wheel bushings. for 738.

beamer

I'am replacing the front wheel bushings in my 738. The owners manual says one bushing on the outside of the wheel, and a coller, and on the inside of the wheel it shows just a washer. Ther must be a bushing on the inside AND the outside. An I right ?? The book Must be wrong -- right ???? any input ? Lou.

You're right on the money. Two bushings pressed into the wheel, one inside and one outside, with the collar to hold the wheel on the axle. Sam

On my wonderboy 700 the bushings were worn out so I put them in a lathe and bored them out put oillite bushings in it and pressed it back in hope it will last longer than orinigal after they were only 40 years old.Bob

I believe the illustration you are looking at shows only the locking collar on the outside. If you look at the other wheel in the picture it shows the bushings,inner & outer. we stock them for $2.35 each. Both now use same part #. S>L>I

Thanks everyone, I thought it was a foolish question but I wanted to be sure. My manual shows a picture of one bushing on the r/ front and one on the l/ front, 4 washers 2 colers, 2 set screws so that left me a little confused espechaly when my deler could not tell me. I was wondering how it was going to ride with only one bushing,,, lol. Lou.[A href='8']8[/a]