Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Rear Counterweight

Roy

Made a rear counterweight for the E-scoop from an old surface grinder vise. Only about 40 pounds but all I had available.

Haven't tested it yet but expect it will help the E-scoop lift more.

I like that E-scoop design Roy. Might try something like that instead of looking for an L-12 loader. dOd I use what ever weight I have available. Currently I'm using a 70lb power max front weight for the back of the Squire, three 25lb weights to counter balance Ugly-Alice and a stinger with two doughnuts for the Big Ten and Snow Blower. Necessity is the mother of invention and I've lived by that for years with moderate success.

Looks like it'll work to me Roy. Heavy iron that looks good is hard to come by. However, when you test it, I expect the pictures of said test to show some dirt in your e-scoop, still not convinced that mulch didn't get moved by owhn and a wheel barrow.:D

A counter weight setup like that only worked on the FDTs with a rod to lift the rear attachments. The RBTs use a cable to lift rear attachments and unless you have modifie your rock shaft under the tractor that weight you put on the back will hurt your lifting power for your E scoop

I am certain that Roy has it all figured out, and he probably has one of his custom rockshafts in there too. He has been doing this for a little while.

"I am certain that Roy has it all figured out" Bingo. :) Converted rear lift over to the 38" HD tiller type quite a while ago. Thanks Josh. Edit: Marty, if I can get OWHN to take pictures while the E-scoop is in use I might be able to change your mind. :D

Zach, You may want to read this post. http://simpletractors.com/club2/topic.asp?ARCHIVE=true&TOPIC_ID=90443&SearchTerms=rockershaft%2Cadapter Also Roy's 7013 is a shuttle and does not have a hydrolift.

Just to clarify, the late model tractors came from the factory with the rock shaft already manufactured for the 38" HD tiller. e.g. they could be converted for counterbalances without a conversion kit.