Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

reduction pulley

perry

anybody know if this would be a correct speed reduction drive belt pulley for slowing the tractor down ?. simplicity 10" pulley, part no.154418 fits 3/4" shaft.
[img]http://i6.ebayimg.com/06/i/001/2c/07/26a3_1.JPG[/img]

They used the 10" speed reduction pulley on the 725s and B-1s, because of their limited power. The later FDTs with larger engines used a smaller one -- either 8" or 9"... I put a 10" on the 2012 I had with a loader on it -- slowed if waaay down...

ok, thanks. i need one for tilling. i have a allis bigten with a 8", but i have'nt tryed it yet. just figured the 10" would be better for tilling. not to worried about being slow, ill just use it for tilling.

quote:
Originally posted by perry
ok, thanks. i need one for tilling. i have a allis bigten with a 8", but i have'nt tryed it yet. just figured the 10" would be better for tilling. not to worried about being slow, ill just use it for tilling.
Then I think you'll like the results. Wide open in 1st gear is a fast crawl on healthy knees... 8D I liked it for loader work, because I could do all the work in 2nd and reverse, and shifting back and forth was a quick move of the lever sideways...

You should be happy with it tilling. I finally put mine on the 725 last summer and really like the extra time the tiller has to chew stuff up.

is there room under the fender pan for this large dia. pulley ?. just trying to picture it in my head. and what size/# belt would be used.

quote:
Originally posted by MPH
You should be happy with it tilling. I finally put mine on the 725 last summer and really like the extra time the tiller has to chew stuff up.
maybe ill make my 700 the tiller tractor 8D. been trying to think what i am going to use the 700 for .

quote:
Originally posted by bigten65
does anyone know if the original pulley size on the bigten is 6 1/2 inches? Thanks in advance.
I think that is correct -- but I no longer have my Big Ten to measure it. Hopefully someone else will confirm...

The pulley on my 64 LL is 6 1/2 inch so that should be right on your Big 10. I put a 8 inch off a "yet to be fixed" B-10 on the LL a few years ago because I broke the belt and that really slowed me down. What tractor are you planning on putting the 10 inch pulley on, if the big 10 it should be fine, think that's the same seat pan, or close. If you want I should be able to find a belt # on the 725, she's being a shop queen this winter.:)