Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

7016 Headlight Bulbs

jdwilson

I was wondering where I can get the small (4) headlight bulbs for the 7016. My father bought this new in 1975 and they haven't worked for quite awhile. I think there is brobably alot of vibration, as evidenced by the wearing away, or the breaking off of the bulb base studs. Are there any other Simplemaniacs out there with this same problem or is this an isolated case; and if so, were there any design improvements like maybe a stronger bulb?

If you have an early 7000 series and the 4 bulb style lights like the 3400 series do then they are NLA. You can do a search on headlights and find some alternatives.

I checked on these bulbs after some one posted a 3600 Wagner head lamp is still in production.This 3600 is clear glass and will directly replace the old 3606e headlamp bulb.I called one of my vendors and they are direct with Wagner you have to buy a case of 10 at under ten dollars each.I was thinking of Napa to see maybe they might have some in there system? I haven't had the chance yet though. nick

Here is an alternative solution to the light bulb problem that I came up with a while back. I hope this may help you if you want to update the headlights. http://simpletractors.com/club2/topic.asp?ARCHIVE=true&TOPIC_ID=91771&SearchTerms=headlight%2Cbulbs

Thanks Guys. I'm glad I'm not alone on this. Further testing showed that the bulbs still light. That's pretty good, I must say, after 30+ years of rattling around in the housing! I think then I'll come up with some kind of retainer to hold it down in the socket. Thanks all for the input.

Jeffery, Take a soldering iron and put a drop of solder on the bulb contacts after thoroughly cleaning them. Myself and others have successfully done that. I also did the socket contacts. Works good.

Found some of the lights at an aircraft supplier. Price was not to bad. Anyone know if their is a brighter, halogen bulb that would work for these lights.