Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Voltage regulator for LL 101

Zach

Hi Zach, Welcome to the club. You can get a voltage regulator from one of our sponsors listed on the Simple tractors home page, NAPA is another source. I have had good luck getting them from starter and alternator repair shops as well.

I went to napa earlier today and all they had was a 27-30 amp regulator. I diddnt get it because I thought that it was too much power and it would damage the generator. How many amps is the right one rated for?

quote:
Originally posted by Zach
Where can I get one? Thanks in advance
Cheapest place I saw was eBay. I got one for like $40 or something like that. I thought I read somewhere these were 30 amp's or something like that?? Guess i should figure that out before buying an actuator!

"I think that they are rated 10 to 15 amps, not sure...." Think MDB is correct. I seem to remember 13 amps. Zach is also correct. A regulator rated for too many amps will fry the generator.

The square one will work but you'd have to drill holes in the tractor to mount them. I have been buying the correct 3 coil regulators from DB electrical and have had great service and great quality, last time they were about $30 each, (thats cheaper than the ebay ones). http://www.dbelectrical.com/generators/generators.shtml

I went on the DB electrical site and looked around but couldnt find anything about regulators. Found alot of stuff about the starter generators. Where on this site does it talk about the regulators?

The sister website only had automotive type regulators which put out too many amps. Where can I get one that puts out no more than 15 amps?

Call DB's phone #, give them the ID #'s off the tab of the original delco regulator and they can set you up with what you need, they don't have them for online ordering that I'm aware of.