Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Distraction

HubbardRA

Just wanted to show everyone one of the distractions that have been keeping me from working on tractors. Most of you Chevy guys will recognize the engine I am getting ready to install in my 85 Suburban 3/4 ton 4x4, when the weather warms up. I still have to install the Edelbrock performer intake manifold before it will be ready to put in the vehicle. Just been too cold out in the garage to get much done lately. It was all black when I pulled it out of the donor vehicle. My wife and youngest son (age 20) would not let me keep it black like it was painted from the factory. They insisted that there be some Chevy Engine Orange on it. They called it Simplicity Orange. :D Those nice stainless steel "shorty" headers were a Christmas gift from my oldest son.

Rod, I can't believe you're going to put that Ford 460 in a Chevy;), looks good I wish I'd had that in my 63 Chevy C-10

Rod, looks great! I have one of those drab black SBCs to contend with in the Spring also. Your engine is going to look awesome in what ever it sits in. dOd