Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

L10 loader

mikeb

Considering purchasing a L10 loader. Have talked with the owner but have not seen the unit myself yet. Seems to have leaky cylinders, owner indicates the cylinders are not rebuildable: correct? does someone have a source, or do we just use current cylinders close to the org. specs. Also, it's missing the original pump and res. Looks like a ford p/s pump has been used as a replacement. How difficult is finding correct replacement hyd. pump and res.? Appears the rear wheel spacers are there, no rear weight box, but the sub frame, uprights, and loader arms/ bucket all look good and straight. manual trip still there as is control valve and handle. Data plate there but painted over. Can anyone estimate a value range for me? I know it's difficult without pics....... Thanks, mike bennett madera, CA

Unless the pistons are pitted they should be easily rebuilt, seals and o-rings are common stock items,the original style hydro-pump may be non-exsistant though. I'm not %100 sure but I believe the original pump was a cessna model "g". Value has a lot to do with what your willing to pay for it. My guess is that in your neck of the woods these loaders are rare items to say the least. With out seeing it and knowing what demand there is for it there I'm gonna go out on a (small)limb say it would be worth anywhere between $400-1000. It all depends on condition and demand, personally I don't care for the trip lever types but maybe I'm biased since I have an L112/515. Good luck!

I have been looking for a L112 for years now. The few i found they have been asking a arm and a leg. I have about 7 tractors and don't use them as much as i should and had hoped to get a loader to help in my mowing service i have. But I have solved my problem thanks to ebay. I found a old Case 1530B skid steer with a new motor for the price of the last L112 i looked at. Mike anything can be fix if you have enough money. lol Around here i seen a L10 that looked rough but was workable for $1500.

I don't want to sound critical... but both of the types of loaders for the oldies, whether B-1/L-10 or L-12/L-112 are limited, in comparison to more modern tractors, or even to aftermarket loaders such as the Johnson Workhorse of the same vintage. As mentioned, the B-1/L-10 is a trip bucket. The L-12/L-112 has two single-acting lift cylinders, and a single double-acting bucket dump cylinder. That means you can't put down-pressure on them. The bucket comes down by gravity, not hydraulics, and you can't lift the front of the tractor up to put additional weight on it to assist with digging or spreading material. Max lift is about 300-350 lbs. Both types can be very hard on the tractor, without reinforcement of the frame, due to the way the BGB of the tractor bridges the front and rear frame assemblies. Then, if you address all those issues, you're still left with a tractor that has vulnerable axle tubes and/or differentials. All I'm trying to say is that these are homeowner machines designed to move mulch or loose topsoil or muck stables. They're not commercial machines designed for digging nor really hard work. Know that, and understand their limits, pros and cons, going in. If you need to do "serious loader work" you may want to consider a better way to spend your $$ -- if moving mulch or loose topsoil is all you need to do, and you want a neat, valuable collectible then they're a good option. Been there, done that... BTW, here's a link to an old topic about the Simp 515 (L-12 equivalent) that I used to have. It mmight be helpful: http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=38075

Gentlemen, Thank you very much for all the information. I went ahead and picked up the unit thanks to your help. Here's a quick picture, look for more of the story in the Show & Tell section soon.

Thanks again, mike

Simpleton7016
Wow Mike, nice score! By my count, that is three RH lift assemblies that you have. I have never seen a rear scraper like that either!

Kent, Thanks for the warnings, I have hobby use in mind. Eric, yup, that makes 3 RH lifts, just kinda fell into them! See more pics and the story in Show & Tell. mike