Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Huge lot in Florida

Corncountytractors

Corncountytractors
Did a club member get this. And why did it totally disappear from the forums and archives. BOB HUGE LOT ALLIS CHALMERS/SIMPLICITY TRACTORS/ATTACHMENT MOWER DECKS,SICKLE BARS,TILLERS,ENGINES,PARTS, MANUALS Item number: 120364360983

Simpleton7016
Michael, you probably did hear her...but we are in Orlando now...so the yelling was especially loud! Yeah, I will never understand her. I won't generalize and say all women, but definitely her. I had pre-approved clearance to bid significantly more than the purchase price. I think it was my assurances that I would never win it. Once I won, she wanted to see pictures again. That is when she got irate. It isn't the money, it was the issue of our yard beginning to look like Sanford and Son. I wouldn't be surprised if she calls the city and files a complaint herself! I think she is just mad at herself for not actually looking at the pictures when she had a chance over a week ago. I am a bit overwhelmed myself right now...NEVER thought I would win this, but ecstatic at the price it ended up going for!

quote:
Originally posted by Simpleton7016
Michael, you probably did hear her...but we are in Orlando now...so the yelling was especially loud! I am a bit overwhelmed myself right now...NEVER thought I would win this, but ecstatic at the price it ended up going for!
Mike, somehow I got this weird feeling that my phone will start ringing after Wednesday.:D:D

Sanford and Son were rank amatures compaired to most tractor collectors. My wife has started telling folks it the junk yard on the west side of the road as opposed to my neighbor [farmer/ excavator] on the east side of the road. :D good luck with the wife I would just buy my wife a new antique doll to go with the other 150 she already has. John

quote:
Originally posted by BLT
quote:
Michael, you probably did hear her...but we are in Orlando now...so the yelling was especially loud! I am a bit overwhelmed myself right now...NEVER thought I would win this, but ecstatic at the price it ended up going for!
Mike, somehow I got this weird feeling that my phone will start ringing after Wednesday.:D:D
I don't know about Monday, it should take longer than that until the "Sanford & Son" express arrives. :D Erik, don't feel bad, I have 2 garages, 1 heated under the house (2car) and a 2 car in the back of the yard. Guess how many cars are parked in there? I will give you a hint, less than one!:O Too many projects, and stuff! When my wife asks why you need 4 snowblowers I just say for the same reason you need 4 coach purses. I get evil looks but the relentless nagging ceases! She's coming, I have to go!:D

Corncountytractors
Great response guys. Believe it or not my wife ask me why I didn't bid. I am sure the uppity neighbors around here would have had a fit. Thanks, BOB

Erik, Eirk, Erik... How does that saying go?, "He who dies with the most toys wins". Well, I would have been killed. Actually, when I showed her the auction all she did was point to the door. Congrats

quote:
Actually, when I showed her the auction all she did was point to the door
:D :D :D Now that's funny! :D :D :D Congratulations Erik....and here I had visions of that coming to Pennsylvania....

Congratulations on a good buy!dOd I was surprised it didn't go totally nuts during the last few minutes. That is THE mother load, many pieces in there I would have liked myself.:drl If there is more there than you can store just have the truck driver plan his route and post it on the web! Any of us in the points between Florida and your home would be on that trailer like a pack of dogs on a three legged cat!pr8

Simpleton7016
Thanks all. It's gonna be fun to go through it all - with my friends here of course. Maybe I can invite everyone over for a night cap after our annual sojourn to the mineshaft next month. Mainly wanted that JC Penney for myself...that will be a dedicated Sweepster machine (I saw someone in the archives did the same thing because of the color match). Need an engine and will upgrade all my stuff where improvements are available, but can't keep too many new tractors. Might try to keep an FDT just to feel like part of the gang. Might also try to keep that 300 series Allis. But that means some of the current tractors are goona have to go. Including my namesake - the 7016:(.

quote:
Originally posted by BLT
quote:
Mike got the call already.8C8C

HOLY "BLEEP" Erik! And you talk about Matt and I picking up alot of tractors! Nice load! I will gladly come over and help with the sorting. Tom

No problem Erik! Just let me know when you need help unloading the truck and I'll be there with my truck...I mean with my work gloves ready to go!!^

quote:
Originally posted by memphis
No problem Erik! Just let me know when you need help unloading the truck and I'll be there with my truck...I mean with my work gloves ready to go!!^
Didn't see you this morning.

Simpleton7016
Yep, unloaded in 2.5 hours. A special thanks to Bob and my brother who will soon be a registered member. I am exhausted, but now the fun starts....digging through everything. Pictures forthcoming. If anyone had their eye on anything, please let me know (PM or e-mail to keep the gestapo happy - j/k Kent:D:D:D...a friendly jab at our leader who is at least partially culpable for the trouble I am in with my wife. I actually got a chuckle out of your post in the club business forum:D) I digress....I will try to set items aside for y'all. I will be "moving" 75% of this stuff fast to "un-irate" the wife. Funny how she can fill the house with useless kitch, but if I usurp a tiny corner of our yard, she has a hissy fit. Prices will be higher early until recovery of the initial investment is within reach. I am going to try to utilize craigslist more than ebay b/c I am not happy with the e-bay charges. So in the beginning everything will be at least 10% under market value. Volume (and friendship) discounts apply and I will barter for labor (i.e. someone to get my loader operational). Isn't it amazing how quickly a sense of excitement can turn into a state of overwhelmed? But I got the JC Penney that I have coveted for a long time....just got to piece her together.
[img]/club2/attach/Simpleton7016/100_03376.JPG[/img]

[img]/club2/attach/Simpleton7016/100_033914.JPG[/img]

Unsurp a "tiny corner" of your yard?:o) That haul would cover a lot of people's ENTIRE yards!:D Looking forward to more pics when the chance finds you, I am sure this will take a while to sort out.

BLT, I think you and Erik will have 2 paper cups with a long string between it. I know I would be just as overwhelmed by the load he has! :D