Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Homelite refurb begins

JimDk

I swapped JP10 a Simp. Landlord 101 for this Homelite T-10. After owning a dozen or so A/C's and Simplicitys, I could not resist this nice tractor. With no more deer seasons and no fresh snow to plow this week, I started tearing the T-10 apart. Here's my progress as of today. Before I started

Seat gone

Hood & Engine gone

Pile of parts

Another pile

Down to the frame

Nice start! I have a Simplicity made Homelite T-10 that is currently apart waiting to be restored. Nice tractor. Tom

I'm not sure of the year. Allis Chalmers made them for Homelite in the early '70s. 1971 thru 1973 I think, but my serial no. ends in 74 ( if that means anything ), if anybody has better info, I'd be glad to hear it. Thanks, Jim

I had a Homelite T-13 shuttle, I kept most of the sheet metal and Rod H got the shuttle. Nice tractor. jh

Adam, The Allis built Homies were related to the 300/400 A/C's. They were built in the same factory, but had a lot of different parts made to Homelite specs. They did use the right hand discharge A/C decks, also some Simplicity parts. There is a write-up about them in Simple Tractors. Zach, There will be primer on it tomorrow if we don't get too much snow.

Thanks everybody. I won't get much done on it today. We had a few inches of snow, then rain, now it's snowing hard again. The 917 is going to work hard to move that slop. Marty, No. |)

It looks like you have a very good start on the project! This will be a very nice tractor when finished. Keep the pics coming! Dan

Looking good Jim! Did you and the 917 get the new snow accumulation taken care of today? Pretty heavy stuff, we tried the Big 10 with the crappy old 3 belt snow blower. What a waste of time, I just finished up with the 712 and the trusty old front blade.

Brenda, It's a darn good thing that I had put the new drive belt on the 917. I had all that it could handle, and that was just this mornings' mess. I still have 4 or 5 in. to plow tomorrow. Yep, that's why I got rid of my 3 belt blower years ago. I could not keep belts on it. I probably won't get very much time on the T-10 for a couple of days. Thanks for the "Atta Boy", J-P, Dan & Brenda.

• 2 weeks later...
That is Ford blue from TSC. It is a bit darker than the original, but will be just fine. The T-10 is in good mechanical condition, so this is basically a re-paint job. I was somewhat sad to find that Allis Chalmers did not finish this Homelite as well as their own product. The inside of the frame in hidden areas was never painted (see picture of rusty frame above), and welds were very rough. I am saving decals that are decent and may have to have some custom made. The hood has raised letter name plates, and sweet wife, Audrey, has volunteered to hand paint the letters. I was inspired by Jack Lindstrom and Sam Ericson's pictures and write-ups in the Simple Tractors Gallery. Thanks for the encouraging words. They help me get out of my recliner and out in the shop for a few hours. Jim