Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

My new haul

D-17_Dave

I made a run late yesterday and added to the fleet. It's at outside for several years so it required me to use my new made winch setup to get it on the trailer. The rear tires are full of liquid and low, and the front tires were almost flat. Most everything was pretty stiff and a good coating of rust was present on almost everything. The time it's sat has not been kind to the sheet metal. It doesn't have a rear pto, it was removed at some point. The good news is after replacing the carburetor bowl and with a set of jumper cables and some fresh gas from a doner tank, it fired up. After setting for several years it fired and ran with almost no smoke. With a little adjustment on the needle valve it starts and runs great. The hydro works the lift well and it will move so things look promising. I also have the deck that goes with it. It's in decent shape. This looks less like a parts tractor and more like, hummmmmmmm.

I'm sure you will give her your best shot at a restoration. What did you give for her? (if you don't mind me asking)jh

I'm confused. You have one for sale and then bought another one. Please fill me in on what I am missing. Must be a good reason. Thanks,

Roy, the 4041 is a friends project that I helped out on. I have some parts and several hrs invested in it when he decided to shift gears and go in a new direction. I'm selling this for him. This 9020 is a late model tractor with the heavy front end and a lot of parts I need for some of my projects. The price was right for me to take a chance on and now that it's home and I've heard it run I'm pleased with the results. I could have just purchased the 4041, but for a few hundred more I got all the extras I've been looking for. I hope this all makes sense. It did to me, for awhile. I could be greedy and buy both,but I thought I would leave someone else some opportunity.;):D

_______"This looks less like a parts tractor and more like, hummmmmmm"_________ another member of the fleet to me Dave.^

Simpleton7016
yep, I'd beat the snot out of this one and keep your others on the showroom floor! It's a worker all right. Nice score.

Nothig stays on the show room floor round my place long Eric. Everything I have has to work for it's spot in the gaurage.;) Now this may hange if I ever get the Twin-Twenty looking better. Maybe next year.B)