Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Powermax Rear PTO

MPH

Been spending some time cleaning out my semi van and came across this trinket I drug home many many years ago. It's a 540pto for some sort of JD construction equip. Got to looking at the spline end and have to ask before I throw it out. What's the shaft size on the 2,000rpm pto and how many splines do they have, the high ridges? thanks to anyone willing to count.

Hi Marty I just checked the shaft on the rear mounted tiller for a 9020. The spline is 1" dia.(.990) x 15 spline. If the female spline on the Deere part is larger, I believe they make a weld in adaptor. Hope this helps.

Thanks Ben, this is 1 3/8 x 21. guess I'll buy a small boat to match it.:o) No Dave, my 4040 does not have the rear PTO, just never know what a guy might find though.sm03

Marty, the rear pto ussually has 2 parts. The shaft from the engine with the clutch, and the gears and shafts inside the rear end housing. When the rear pto's were an option they started to install the rear end gears so the field instalation was much easier. I think I have the rear end gears if you want to add that much.