Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

old member that has came back home

nateb17010

well it's been a few years, ok long time 2001 I graduated from collage and did not have a computer to get on but when I could I peaked in on all of you and lots have changed. if you look up gallery, mix and match, Nates next one. that's mine I have a lot more of them now. and noticed some where along the line some of the words are missing and would like to restore it back to the original post. I have printed it out when I first made it but it in b/w. any way I have lots more pitchers and will try to post some when I have more time. just wanted to say hi. just a small list: 2 big ten's one with hi lo, b1, 3 b10 early's, 2 late, 712. simplicity 1994, 97, 98, 74 7010, 725 parts. and Montgomery words garden mark squire 9, 2 of them, +1 parts tractor. and one home light. like I said short list. I enjoy fixing them and playing with them as well. cant wait to drive a round this site and see whats new.

I guess things have changed a lot. we had sponsors that supported this site for the good of saving all the Allis and simplicity's we could. well times have change and if I look around long enough I should find what I need to get pitchers on here again. thanks and it's good to be back.

To post pictures you have to be a dues paying member. A non paying user is not allowed by club rules to post personal pictures or links to personal pictures.

Welcome back Nate, Some things have changed since you were her in 2001 but other things are the same. This is still the best place on the net for Allis Chalmers and Simplicity Garden Tractors. Full membership/access to the clubhouse is $10 per year and IMO is worth every penny. This is great place to hang out and a great group.

when looking around I seen the site has moved? it now in WI where it belongs rater then in ny or pa. just one question what is the dues for? I don't mind just have not found out what they are used for yet? yes not much has changed if you have been on here for a wile but when you have been gone for a long time like I have you really notice the difference in the club. my friend told me that you have changed a while back and told me that you have to pay to enjoy this site. so here I am. so far so good. it going to take some time until I get in the swing of things and at lest my old name was not taken. yes I found all my old things about this site. keep on improving this site it's a keeper. things has improved in my life sense I was on here last graduated collage diesel power tech and with a minor in small engine repair. well I did nothing with my training job wise other then just for my self. I have taken 2 years off from pulling do to my job and funding. but I had 2 tractors when I was on here. now I have around 20 most in peaces easier to move when I bought my house 3 years a go. 1 1/2 acre to play on, and a 1/4 mile to plow in the winter. things are going good and now getting back in the swing of things.

The club that we enjoy here "sperated" from Kents privately owned web site a few years back. Mainly to free Kent of carring all the load and problem child solving issues that arise now and then. The dues money helps pay the server space cost as I understand it. Inorder to prevent free riders non paying memembers don't have total access to the site nor the pic posting privledge, If I remember right they can only post in talking tractors. Show and tell is largely for bragging about new scores, fixes, redo's and such, then there's the coffee shop for personnel/non tractor relalated posting, the back room lounge for politicing, shop talk for non tractor shop interest and a whole score of other areas to spend long winter days reading around in.

all right. well I will have to what till my ac funds build back up winter is the only time to do rebuilding and has eaten up my funds. summer is way to hectic for me to work on the many projects and rebuilds witch is the time I save my and or make my extra money. currently working on my 1 of 2 1/2 squire 9 projects, and my t-15 homelight puller. just was offered to me was a t-16h for $50.00 so I might jump on that. it's a little more important to me now, then to post some pitchers. I was hopeing for some info and pitchers on the two for mentioned tractors. that category is still untouched or up dated. did simplicity and Allis just repaint and or modify, then sell last years models to words or homelight. example: so in 1965 words was selling the 1963-1964 b10's. "looks like the b10 early 1963-1964". homelight "looks like a modified b110 frame with 1974ish rear end".. and what years where they sold in, how much, ect?

The Montgomery Wards, Homelite and J.C. Penny tractors were re-badged Simplicity and Allis Chalmers models and in some cases painted different colors and sold by their respective retailers under their brand name. In some cases the hitches for the attachments were different so they would not readily interchange otherwise they were the same tractors.

thanks, the homelight was odd when I tore in to. dash, hood, front axle, front implement hook ups, and a front hoop was in stalled other then that looked like the b110 frame. then the squire 9 has a 23d and all the other tell tale sines that you learn to be of an early b10. no catalog adds on these, anywhere or pricing? I went to sales and auctions to pick up most of my finds. I was at an auction when one was passed off as a cub IH when I bought it. when I found one all I could think of, this would make me stand out at the fathers day show in homestead IA with all the other AC and simplicity's. last year with all the flooding going on here in Iowa the show was a wash and I could not get mine or my friends tractors across the river to get there. this was the first time I missed in 9 years. :( but there's this years coming up soon.

on the squire 9 did they change the "S" to a "W" or did they just never put the emblem on the front grill? never seen one just asking "same grills".