Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Hydro lift Install questions

GregB

I'm installing a hydro lift on a B-110 that I have swapped a 16Hp into. I'm having trouble figuring the stack-up of pulley, spacers, washers, and flex plate. It seems that the driveshaft wants to be shorter than the driveshaft that was in the tractor when it had the 10hp. Has anyone done this swap? Anyone have this combination, and maybe a picture of the stack-up? I have the correct cast iron engine drive pully ,(I think), but without spacers the bolt heads from the flex plate hit the pulley. Anyone have any ideas? Greg

It's a combination of mounting the engine, then spacing the pulley for the hydro lift for proper belt alignment. Then loosen the drive shaft addapter on the bevel gear box and slide the drive shaft slightly to allow for the proper washer spacing.

Don't recall for sure Greg but pretty sure Dave's right, sliding back on the BGB gives enough extra room. My B-112 has a 16hp in it and I didn't need any different parts when I put the hydro lift in it.