Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

3416H Hydro

finnsepp

My tractor moves very little either forward or backward when cold. After warm up it's ok. I changed fluid and filter. No help. Anything left to do besides hydro rebuild? How to remove?

Ronald Hribar
did you use Simplicity filter ? I've heard that makes a big difference. Also the type of oil. Did you bleed air out of system ?

Sounds like the charge pump may be bypassing (i.e. the pressure relief valve is kicking in) due to the pressure level when the hydro fluid is cold. If it bypasses, it doesn't go to drive the tractor either forward or reverse -- it just goes back to the tank. I wonder if shimming the pump's relief valve might help -- similar to what the guys have done who've added hydro lift to their tractors. Just thinking out loud here...

With the age of the tractor I'd say you may be sucking air in a cracked hose or leaking hose at a connection due to a hard line. You my also have a slipping drive belt or a sheared pin in the linkage control.

3416H should have a vickers in it. The vickers that I am putting in my B 212 is from a 3416H. You won`t have a choice on the oil filter. Unless NAPA can match the paper submersible filter.

quote:
Originally posted by D-17_Dave
With the age of the tractor I'd say you may be sucking air in a cracked hose or leaking hose at a connection due to a hard line. You my also have a slipping drive belt or a sheared pin in the linkage control.
I changed belt, no change. It works well after a 2-3 minute warm up. New hoses put on with fluid and filter change. Thanks

Do you have an option to leave it in a warm area overnight and test it later in a not-so-cold state? Freezing or not freezing makes a big difference on fluids even if they do not freeze themselves.

I have a couple of vickers that are doing the same thing.I know that it is not the hoses or fluid.My tractors do it in the warm same as the cold. Let me know if you find the repair. Bob